White Ribbon Day
Sydney Technical High School celebrated White Ribbon today with a very special assembly organised by our Year 10 and 11 SRC leaders under the guidance of Mr Nick Stokes, Wellbeing Head Teacher. Congratulations to our speakers, Elvis Cheng and Maazin Jaame who spoke eloquently and with passion about this Year’s White Ribbon theme, ‘Breaking the Silence’, and how our young men at Tech can prevent violence against women. You can find their speeches here. Year 10 SRC produced a dramatic video with the theme ‘drawing the line’ from this Year’s White Ribbon campaign, which can be found here. Richard Zhou impressed us all with his playing of Schubert’s Impromptu Opus 90, No3. We were delighted to welcome our guest speaker, White Ribbon Ambassador Shen Megalaa, who is currently teaching English at Belmore Boys High School, and told students about his pride in the strong women who have influenced who he is today. School Captain, Pakajan Narendiran, led Tech in taking the White Ribbon Oath.
My congratulations and thanks to our student leaders of this very important assembly, with the most important message: that violence against women is never acceptable.
Year 12 Graduation Luncheon at Doltone House
The Year 12 Graduation Luncheon at Doltone House - a wonderful opportunity to reflect on our time at Tech, together with friends, staff and family. The celebration continues...
- FAREWELL CLASS OF 2016
- HAS TECH TAUGHT YOU THE REAL KEYS TO SUCCESS?
- HAVE BIG IDEAS Saul Griffiths entrepreneur inventor, Class of 1993
- “We need to support the audacious plans of young people with dreams”
- DO YOUR PERSONAL BEST Professor Andrew Martin on the Science of Motivation
- ‘Hard work will always beat talent if talent does not work hard.’
- GET IN THE ‘FLOW’ LISTEN TO MIHALY CSIKSZENTMIHALYI and work ethic.”Anathan Ambikarajah, class of 2011
- “It’s not your ATAR, it is your passion
- HAVE GROWTH MINDSETS
- “Don’t be afraid of failure it says nothing about your intelligence quotient.” – Professor Carol Dweck
- TAKE RISKS WITH LEARNING
- FINESSE LEADERSHIP AND TEAMWORK SKILLS Phillip Farage, Former Vice Captain
- “Be proud of where you come from, proud of each other.”
- CHERISH YOUR FRIENDSHIPS
- We need a strong alumni program to mentor Techies and we need you to join us
- STAY FIT: BASKETBALL COMBINES IT ALL!
- Challenge Practice
- FOCUS on YOUR WELLBEING and THE WELLBEING OF OTHERS
- Enhance your RESILIANCE
- RUOK? Day
- Youth wellbeing summit
- Black Dog Institute with Andrew Woods
- FULLY PARTICIPATE IN SOCIAL JUSTICE AND CITIZENSHIP Tandee Wang 2015
- “White Ribbon is about realising that your being a man is not contingent on being violent or oppressive.”
- WILL FORTUNE PLAY A PART IN YOUR GOALS?
- Luck will play a good part in your future: use it
- Life is actually random: get to embrace it
- A FEW PEOPLE TO BE GRATEFUL FOR AND TO THANK
- Parents and family
- Mr Zigas
- Mr De Rooy
- Mr Grinham
- WATCH OUT FOR
- Men wearing wigs in the Principal’s office: your reference may not be what you were wanting…
Westpac Cadetship – Sampath Somanchi
I applied for the Engineering and Technology Cadetship Program run by Professional Cadetships Australia (PCA), as advised by Mr Zigas. I opted for the Technology Cadetship run by Westpac Banking Corporation. I had to fill out an application of seven questions and submit it to PCA. After two weeks, I was contacted by PCA and was told that I was successful in gaining an interview with them regarding the cadetship.
This was enormous success as I was briefed that, out of over 2000 applicants I had made it to the top 21. As this interview I was asked a few questions about my high school proceedings and also my relevance to the technology program. Following this, after a couple of weeks, I received another email telling me that I was shortlisted by Westpac (the top 21!). I was required to participate in three tasks at the campus, being an individual task, a group task and an individual interview. Here I was required to collaborate with the other cadets who had made it here as well. At the end of such a long and tiresome process I am glad to say that I have been offered the cadetship at Westpac.
I can’t wait to start my new life with them. Of course, this could not have been possible without the support and assistance of Mr Zigas and Ms Lyons, to whom I am eternally grateful.
Westpac Cadetship through Professional Cadetships Australia (PCA)
CHS first grade basketball knockout competition
In the true tradition of Sydney Technical High School, Tech pride stood mighty tall once again on the basketball courts in 2016. We were humble in our victories and gracious in our defeat as we battled through the CHS first grade basketball knockout competition.
Wear It Purple Day
Today STHS celebrated Wear It Purple Day in conjunction with the Youth Wellbeing Summit. The boys created a fantastic mural in the quad! Many thanks to the following groups who supported our school today: Headspace, St George Youth Service GLISTEN, and the St George Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service.Read More
Looking for a particular STHS publication? Click here to see a range of downloads including our monthly newsletter Tech Talk, the Annual School Report and the School Plan.